So, as I was buying Running Shoes today for Cross Country, I decided to go over to Village Books, my favorite local bookstore in the entire world, since it's right across the street. I walked in with a pair of shoes, and I walked out with a pair of shoes, Cathy's Book (which will probably be reviewed here soon), and...a job application.
Some background information: I love Village Books, and it's been a running joke in my family that they should just hire me, since I spend so much time there anyway. It's my dream job: working in a bookstore, helping people buy books, and reading books ALL DAY. What could be better? And my mom had talked to the owners at a function she went too, and they said they could give me a job if I applied. They can't pay me until I turn 16, but I would still get to work there, and I could count it for volunteer hours.
So, I went in with my mom today, and picked up a job application! I have to write a letter about my interests for working there, and fill out the 8 pages of the application, turn it in, and we'll see how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment